Nestled in the gentle foothills of the Pinzgau grass mountains, and framed by the demanding peaks of the Kitzbühel Alps,
Saalbach Hinterglemm is the ideal winter sporting destination for numerous leisure time activities.
It is not only skiers and snowboarders who have a well-developed infrastructure
for any proficiency level available to them here, but also cross-country skiers, as well as snowshoe and winter hikers.
THE TOP ACTIVITY TIPS
away from the slopes
- In Saalbach Hinterglemm, you will find a small, yet refined offer of cross-country skiing. Scenically, the high altitude cross-country ski trail at the valley head, far away from the hustle and bustle, leads alongside the river Saalach as far as Lindlingalm and is especially appealing.
- Rapid tobogganing: Set off across three kilometres on the Reiterkogel toboggan run – also by night, under floodlight, until 11 pm. (Monday to Saturday)
- For sneaking off quietly: 22 cleared winter hiking trails, across 140 kilometres, present an idyllic winter setting for ski tour enthusiasts and snowshoe hikers.
- The Golden Gate Bridge with Baumzipfelweg (tree top trail): Located at the Saalbach Hinterglemm valley head is Europe’s highest situated tree top hiking trail. This excursion destination, in conjunction with the “Golden Gate Bridge of the Alps“ represents a unique worldwide project.
- Snow trotting: In a horse-drawn sleigh, cocooned in warm blankets, guests glide through a spellbinding winter world and forests deeply covered in snow.
- Skating party: On the ice rink in the Saalbach Hinterglemm sports centre, ice princesses and snow princes can spin like pirouettes.